Turtle Island News is seeking a competent Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical
tasks to support our offices. You will undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing
and answering the phone to basic bookkeeping.
An effective office clerk has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations.
You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills. The ideal candidate will also
be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
• Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
• Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
• Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc.
• Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks and issue invoices if required
• Take in and organize classifieds Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and report when there are shortages Perform other office duties as assigned
• Proven experience as office clerk or other clerical position an asset
• Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles an asset
• Working knowledge of office devices and processes
• A fast typist, knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Very good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• High school diploma
Send resume to:
Turtle Island News Publications and Multi-Media Inc.,
PO Box 329
519-445-0868/ Fax 519-445-0865
|Job Category||Private Sector|