SIX NATIONS OF THE GRAND – A 48-year-old Six Nation man is facing theft and drug charges after a police raid on a Second Line residence Feb., 16th uncovered stolen vehicles, a trailer, firearm and drugs.
Last Wednesday, February 16, 2022, Six Nations Police (Auto and Drug teams) and Brant OPP CSCU with the assistance of the Oxford, Norfolk & Haldimand CSCU teams and uniformed Brant OPP & Six Nations Police, executed a search warrant at a residence on Second Line on Six Nations of the Grand River First Nation.
Approximately $38,000 in stolen property, including several motor vehicles, a trailer, a firearm with ammunition and a quantity of drugs was recovered.
Edward Allen Bishop, 48, of Six Nations of the Grand River has been charged with:
· Altering/Destroying/Removing a vehicle identification number (six counts),
· Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition (two counts),
· Fraud Under $5000,
· Fraudulent Concealment (six counts),
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Opioid (other than heroin),
· Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 – in Canada (two counts),
· Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – in Canada (four counts),
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm and
· Unauthorized Possession of Weapon.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Brantford at a later date.